Today, I received my MCAT scores. I took the MCAT on September 7th and although a month has passed now, it surely doesn’t seem like it has been that long since my official test day. I decided not to spend the day refreshing the THx website and instead was busy sleeping in, going to an interview for a new volunteer project (which I will tell you about soon if I am chosen!), and watching silly TV shows on Hulu. I was browsing Twitter (like I do obsessively, every day) I saw this tweet:
Once I had the courage to check my MCAT scores (that is, once my lame TV show was over—I like a little pomp and circumstance before doing something so important to me!) I received an e-mail from Hofstra North Shore LIJ School of Medicine which contained their secondary application, so I knew that I at least received a 25 because this was the minimum score in order to receive one. So, I signed into THx for the big reveal!
I am really happy with how my scores turned out. I had so much support and help from my friends and friends I’ve met on Twitter and Facebook Without taking a Kaplan MCAT Prep Course I don’t think I would have earned a 30 on my MCAT. Based on this chart, I have about a 30% chance of being accepted, strictly based on my overall GPA (3.03) and my MCAT score.
These are the schools to which I am applying:
- Albany Medical College
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Cooper Medical School of Rowan University
- Drexel University College of Medicine
- Florida Atlantic University Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine
- Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University
- George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences
- Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine
- Howard University
- Morehouse School of Medicine
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- New York Medical College
- Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine
- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
- The Commonwealth Medical College
- UCLA/Drew Medical Education Program
- UC Riverside School of Medicine
- Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
This is a long list of schools but I love each of them for different reasons and would be so honored to attend any of them. If you’re applying to any of these, comment below and let me know!
I’m not really excited about filling out so many secondary applications, but I’m looking forward to the opportunity to work towards my dream.
Fingers crossed for interviews!!!